Sunday 3 July 2011

Tapete para a máquina de costura e um alfineteiro que afia alfinetes- New sewing mat for my sewing machine and an engenious pincushion

Hoje dei uma arrumação e uma limpeza no meu pequeno espaço de costura e decidi fazer um tapete para colocar debaixo da máquina de costura. Usei umas peças "abandonadas" e no instante o problema estava resolvido!

This sunday was dedicated to my tiny sewing room. I did a bit of cleaning and a re-organized some of the fabrics.

Then I decided I needed a mat to put underneath my sewing machine, so I took some orphan blocks and in a whisker the mat was ready. Problem solved!

Este é um alfineteiro que tem dentro dois tipos de enchimento: O dito normal e um daqueles esfregões de aço inoxidável que usamos na cozinha. Pois é esse segundo enchimento que vai servir para manter os nossos alfinetes bem afiados ( vamos a ver se é mesmo assim) !








Though it looks like a regular pincushion, this one is a little different . Inside, besides the usual stuffing I also put a stainless steel scrub that we usually use in our kitchens. Is this scrub that is supposed to keep the pins sharp. We'll see if it works. At least I've tried!





1 comment:

Birdie said...

Very cute pincushion, great idea I'll have to try.