Saturday 4 February 2012

February Hearts

Last year  Robyn at Daisy Quilts released a free valentine pattern- February Hearts. I loved the project at once but I didn't have any fabric in the right colors or prints.
This year I got my fabrics in time to make the pattern. It's lovely, I've made the top but I still don't know wether to do the stitchery or not. Anyway I'm very happy, it turned out just like I thought it would. Thank you Robyn for sharing such a wonderful pattern.


        One of the pieced hearts blocks. I paper pieced the hearts, I find it easier and all the seams match perfectly.


          The four blocks sewed together

          Adding the scrappy border

                        The finished  quilt top






 

     What do you think? Should I do the stitchery or just quilt it just as it is?

6 comments:

Melody said...

Gorgeous work. I made this lovely design last year and turned it into a cushion. I think you should add the embroidery, it makes it special.

Quilting By Celia said...

It turned out really pretty... I like it the way it is but you could hand quilt it with a thick cotton thread instead of embroidery.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yes, I agree it is lovely! The embroidery would really set it off!

Wendy said...

Your heart quilt is so beautiful, I love it. Perfect fabric choices too!

Josie McRazie said...

I think I would go simple and just do the embroidery on the sashing and not in the squares! But I really like the hearts!!

Teresa said...

I remember this design of Robyns from last year! Yours has turned out beautifully. What have you decided.. embroidery or not?? xx