Saturday 4 June 2011

O que tenho feito esta semana- What I've been doing lately

Finalmente terminei o Lollypop quilt. UFA!!!

I finally finished my Lollypop Quilt!Uff...







Esta tarde decidi experimentar fazer um bloco que vi num tutorial no youtube. Chama-se bloco em 10 minutos e é realmente fácil mas faz um efeito extraordinário. Este foi só para treinar, o que eu pretendo é fazer um quilt usando um layer-cake e tecido branco para o centro.


This afternoon I tried to make a ten minute block. There's a great tutorial HERE. It's amazingly easy and the final effect is wonderful. This is only a trial block. I pretend to do a quilt top using my Giddy or Sugar Pop layer cakes.






3 comments:

Nonnie Quilting Dreams said...

Our quilting group made the 10minute block quilts for our charity quilt project . We however increased the size to the center block. We felt it gave a nicer more balance look to the blocks. The original pattern used layer cake 10 inch blocks but since we were cutting our own patterns we felt it gave a more balance look to the over all quilt. We experimented with 12 inch, 14 inch and 16 inch blocks but I think we all agreed the 14 inch blocks looked best. We used the same construction methods. We even made one quilt with alternating size blocks, but I do not think it was successful.

I "borrowed/ stole" your instructions ( April, 11) for the DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH blocks for our charity quilting. I am posting the link to your blog on my blog. I have also posted your link in my Google Reader. You do beautiful work.

Nonnie

http://nonniesquiltingdreams.podbean.com/
Nonnie's Quilting Dreams- Podcast

********
http://nonniequiltingdreams.wordpress.com/
Nonnie's Quilting Dreams - Blog

.

celia gibson said...

Ficou muito bonito o Lollypop quilt.
Vou dar uma vista de olhos ao tutorial ...
Bom fim de semana...

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow only 10 minutes. I must try this block. Your lollypop quilt looks lovely.