Sunday 12 January 2014

She has gone away...

I'm sorry for not posting for so long. I haven't been away, I haven't been sick but I have been very sad.
My daughter graduated last June as a nurse and sent hundreds of CVs to every hospital, clinic whatever.
As some of you might know, Portugal is going through a bib crisis and unemployment is of of the worst problems.
So, last September she applied for a nursing job in London, she went to the interview and a week later she was accepted.
Now she is a registered nurse at the Royal Free London Hospital.
She flew away on January 2nd. First we had to deal with all the paper work, no sewing and now I miss her so much that I lost my mojo.
Hopefully I will get more used to her absence and get back to my quilting. Here she is:



The arrival at Stanstead Airport, she didn't go alone, a group of Portugueses nurses got the job at the same hospital, so she will have friends nearby.


They didn't lost any time and went for a walk to see the city

 

 They look awesome!

9 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

(((hugs))

And I thought that I had it rough, living on the West coast of the US and my middle daughter is now located on the East coast ... but I think you win the prize with the two different countries. :-(

Thankfully, email is faster than snailmail and Skype is awesome. :-)

Fiona said...

It is hard when they fly off...
Hugz

Quilting By Celia said...

It is sad and nothing anyone can say will make things different; however better times are ahead for all of you. I think you need to get back to sewing to nourish your soul.Beijinhos

Ginette said...

Sending hugs your way! My babies are 8 and 6 so I can't even imagine what it would be like for one of them to move that far away. I hope you find your mojo soon, sewing always helps me through the tough times.

Hilachas said...

I can relate to your sad feelings. One is so happy that we're able to raise independent children but it is so hard to see them leave home. I know. I know and I will pray for your peace of mind and the safety of your daughter.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hugs for your heart. I know you will miss her so very much, but at the same time it is good she found a job and I wish her all the best on her new adventure.
xx

Catskill Quilter said...

What an adventure for your daughter! I can well imagine that she wanted to get out in the world and use her nurse's training, but I know you will miss her! I am in Florida in the U.S., and my older daughter, hubbie and grandchildren live in Sweden, while her twin brother and his wife just moved to Japan last year. Constant emails, Facebook, and a mystery package every couple of months can close the gap in mileage.

Sheila said...

I missed this post but I would like to say it will get easier. I have three sons and two live several hours of flight away so seeing them is not easy ,however with today's technology it is much easier to keep in touch . Hugs to you . Sheila

Wendy said...

I am sure you must miss your beautiful daughter, I hope it gets easier with time. And I hope her new job is going well. Hugs Wendy