Sunday 13 March 2011

Quanto mais depressa mais devagar / Haste is the enemy of perfection

A minha filha tirou a carta em Agosto passado e hoje decidi fazer-lhe uma carteirinha para guardar os documentos do carro.
Tudo estava a correr bem...escolhi o tecido, o forro coloquei o enchimento e cosi. Até aqui tudo bem.

Sometime ago my daughter got her driver's license and today I decided to make a little purse for her to put the car documents.
So far so good...I choose the fabric, the backing, the batting and sewed everything.


Foi então que pensei em utilizar um dos vários pontos decorativos da minha máquina mas... deu-me a preguiça e não coloquei o Walking foot, resultado : a costura fazia demasiado volume a a máquina não conseguia puxar o tecido. Bem feito! Passei quase uma hora a desmanchar os pontos que tinham ficado uns em cima dos outros.

But then I thought I could embellish the purse using one of the decorative stitches from my sewing machine...I got lazy and didn't change to a walking foot, the bulk of the seam didn't allow the fabric to run under the foot. As a result I spent almost an hour ripping all the stitches that went wrong. 



Finalmente troquei o pé da máquina e a coisa correu bem. Finalizei a bolsa e ainda fiz uma casa para colocar um bonito botão.

At last I changed to a walking foot and everything went smoothly. I finished the purse with a beautiful button.


E assim o que devia ter demorado um instante demorou quase duas horas.É para aprender a não ser preguiçosa!!!

What was supposed to take just a little time took almost two hours. Well deserved punishment for being lazy. Haste is the enemy of perfection!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a very nice bag Theresa well done.